Oven roasted lamb is an easy and tasty treat with this super simple marinade.
1 rack of lamb
6-8 garlic cloves
2tbsp fresh rosemary
2tsp fresh thyme
Zest from one lemon
¼ cup olive oil
Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Season lamb with salt and pepper and place in a roasting dish.
- Make the marinade by combining the remaining ingredients in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Rub marinade over lamb and allow to rest at room temperature for an hour.
- Heat oven to 232oC and roast lamb fat side up for 15 minutes. Turn the roasting dish around to ensure the lamb cooks evenly, and continue to roast for ten more minutes for medium-rare meat. Roast a little longer if you prefer your lamb cooked to medium or well done.
- Remove lamb from the oven and allow to rest for ten minutes before carving.