Lightly spiced, this creamy soup is easy to make and very satisfying.
1tsp laksa paste
3tsp sambal oelek
2tsp sriracha sauce
4 skinless chicken thighs
3tsp fish sauce
½ cup laksa paste
3 cups chicken stock
1tsp turmeric powder
1 can coconut milk
170g rice noodles
2tbsp vegetable oil
- Soak noodles in cold water for half an hour, drain and set aside.
- Make a chilli sauce by combining the sriracha, sambal oelek and one teaspoon of laksa paste.
- Place stock, fish sauce and chicken in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until chicken thighs are fully done.
- Remove chicken and shred, set aside the stock.
- Bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil.
- In another pan, heat the oil and cook the half cup of laksa paste. Add chilli and turmeric powder and cook for another minute. Spoon out the thick cream on the top of the coconut milk and cook for a minute. Add the remaining milk and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add chicken and warm through for two or three minutes.
- Cook the presoaked noodles in the boiling water for one minute, then drain and divide between two bowls, topping with chicken soup. Serve chilli sauce on the side.