This tasty dish can be on the table in less than half an hour, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
Chicken and Pasta
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1tsp black pepper
Pasta (spaghetti is nice)
Shaved parmesan, fresh basil and toasted slivered almonds to serve
50g basil leaves
35g pine or cashew nuts
1/2tsp black pepper
½ – 3/4cup extra virgin olive oil
50g grated parmesan
1tbsp chopped garlic
- Make the pesto by combining the basil, garlic, salt and pepper, cheese and pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse to chop then keep the machine running and pour in the olive oil. Process until combined.
- Bring a large saucepan of salty water up to a boil and cook the pasta. Drain and reserve half a cup of the pasta water then set aside.
- Remove any excess fat from chicken thighs and coat with salt and pepper and olive oil. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes each side until cooked through and browned. Remove chicken from heat and place on a cutting board, slicing the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix together the chicken, pasta and pesto in a large bowl, adding as much of the reserved pasta water as needed. Season to taste.
- Divide pasta between bowls and garnish with the basil, Parmesan and slivered almonds.